Want to reach more London hikers?
Hi! My name’s Catherine Redfern.
My aim is simple: to help Londoners get out of the city and onto the hills.
On my London Hiker website, I aim to showcase some of the best countryside walking within reach of London by public transport; whether it’s suggestions for day hikes in and around London or weekend breaks in the British countryside.
Along with this London Hiker website I’ve also created:
- The Insider’s Guide to Walking in London (a collaboration with 23 other London bloggers, writers and walkers)
- Walk Your Weekends (a free email/video/PDF series and paid package of guides to help Londoners escape the city for some truly awesome hiking weekends around Britain)
- Trail Walking for First Timers (a free email/video/PDF download introduction to your first trail walk, plus a 3 week mini course on planning, organising and preparing for your first long distance trail walk)
I’ve lived in London since 1999 and blogging at London Hiker since 2011.
I’m a mum to a small toddler, I’m self-employed, I like watching sci-fi films and eating eccles cakes.
…And I like to work with people who know I’m a real human and not a computer. 🙂
So can I help you reach more like minded people?
Here’s my details (my ‘media kit’ I guess) – see what you think. If you have any other questions, please contact me.
Average per Month: (last updated on 10 April 2015)
Unique visitors: 4,144
Page views: 12,362
No #1 Google search for London + hiking
No #1 Google search for Hiking + Britain + London
No #4 Google search for London + hiking + group
Most popular post: Q&A: hikes near to London with great views?
London Hiker Monday Hiking Tip mailing list: 917 (growing by about 60 new subscribers per month)
Members get a weekly hiking tip sent out on Mondays.
Social Media Stats
Instagram: 146 (note, this is my personal Instagram)
YouTube: 71 subscribers
London Hiker has been featured in the following websites and blogs:
In 2014 I surveyed my mailing list members. Here are some results that may interest you:
58% would consider hiring a hiking tour guide or have previously done so
19% spend under £100 on hiking each year
47% spend between £100 – £500 on hiking each year
27% spend between £500 – £1000 on hiking each year
84% said they would prioritise QUALITY over PRICE when choosing hiking equipment if it meant better equipment
About 28% have lived in London for 5 years or less; about 20% between 6 and 20 years; and 29% have lived in London for over 20 years.
70% prefer to use public transport to get to a hike
Most are open to staying in budget accommodation on their hiking trip (campsites, hostels etc). I asked “Where would you consider staying?” – gave various options – and these were the responses:
Want to advertise?
At present I am offering advertisements via Adlet.co which is a British company connecting bloggers with advertisers. This means that:
- Once your ad is approved by me, it goes live instantly and runs for the 30 days automatically.
- You can TRACK clicks and impressions and click through rate through adlet.co
- No hidden fees or charges, just pay the price shown below.
(If you want to read more about adlet for advertisers, please click here.)
Please note I can only accept adverts from UK-based businesses.
All ads appear in the sidebar on all blog posts and the home page of this site.
Want in? Here’s how to proceed:
1. First register with Adlet.co – it only takes a few seconds.
2. Create your advert for your chosen size (I can recommend Canva.com for free editing). Here are the sizes I’m offering currently:
3. Once that’s done, click on the buttons below to choose your advert – this will take you back to adlet.co
4. Upload your image and edit your advert.
5. Submit it
6. I’ll review the ad and if it is approved, it’ll go live instantly. If for some reason I cannot run your ad, you will of course not be charged.
7. You can see the clicks and views your ad has had via adlet.co